How can I tell if an advertisement is breaking the rules?

Ofcom is only responsible for overseeing the amount of advertising on television. We do not govern the content of television advertising.

If you have a query about the content of television advertising, the organisation to contact is the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

The ASA enforces the UK Code of Broadcast Advertising (BCAP Code) which applies to television and radio broadcasting [1].

Complain to the ASA

The Advertising Standards Authority can be contacted at:

The Advertising Standards Authority
Mid City Place
71 High Holborn

 Tel: 020 7492 2222