Is there anything I can do to improve my broadband speed and where can I get more advice?
Your ISP may have information on its website about how to optimise your broadband speed. Alternatively you could contact your ISP directly.
ISPs may be able to run standard checks to determine what is causing the problem and can suggest options open to the consumer for improving the situation.
You can also read our practical tips for improving your broadband speed.
Ofcom has also launched a wireles checker app. The app will tell you if your home Wi-Fi is likely to be slowing down your broadband - and suggest tips for improving your broadband connection. Find out more.
- How do I know what broadband speed I actually have?
- Why are broadband speeds sometimes slower than advertised speeds?
- What is Ofcom doing about the problem of lower-than-advertised broadband speeds?
- Can anyone get wireless broadband?
- Where can I find out about local courses on how to use computers and the internet?