Internet Service

Should I report online content that I think is inappropriate?

Unfortunately, there is a chance of any internet user stumbling across inappropriate content online.

If you encounter content online that you think might be illegal, there are two things you can do.

Firstly, report it using the ‘red button’ system offered by the Internet Watch Foundation.

Secondly, report the content to your internet service provider, who might be able to take steps to block access to the site.

There are a number of search engines designed specifically for children – such as Yahoo! Kids, Ask Kids, KidsClick or AOL Kids – whose results have been vetted as suitable for children. 

Some search engines – including Google, Yahoo and Bing – also offer ‘safe search’ settings which enable you to filter out the sites you don’t want your children to see.