How can I redirect my mail if I move house?
Royal Mail’s Redirection service allows customers to have mail redirected from their old private address to a new address. There is also a redirections service if you are moving business premises.
Customers can apply for a redirection at their local post office or by contacting Royal Mail’s Redirection Centre on 03457 777 888. Or visit www.royalmail.com/redirection
This service is not available for all customers, nor does it cover some types of mail. For example:
- Mail for people not included in the application.
- Parcelforce Worldwide products.
- Mail addressed to boarding houses, hotels, colleges or other multi-occupied premises.
- Mail for people who didn't live at the previous address. Redirecting without proper authority is a criminal offence.
- Personal mail from a business address to a private address.
- Mail from one PO Box to another in the same delivery office.
- Mail from an overseas address to a UK address
- Mail from a BFPO (British Forces Postal Office) address
- Special Delivery and Recorded items to a redirection address abroad. We'll return these items to the sender
- Social security and benefit mail. These items are returned to the sender as part of the Social Security Administration (Fraud) Act 1997
- How do I reduce the amount of ‘junk’ mail I get through my door?
- What can I do about my mail if I will be away from home for a while?
- I am not happy with the time that my mail is delivered, what can I do about it?
- What do I do if Royal Mail refuses to deliver to my address?
- How do I complain about my postal service?