How can I redirect my mail if I move house?

Royal Mail’s Redirection service allows customers to have mail redirected from their old private address to a new address.  There is also a redirections service if you are moving business premises.

Customers can apply for a redirection at their local post office or by contacting Royal Mail’s Redirection Centre on 03457 777 888. Or visit  

This service is not available for all customers, nor does it cover some types of mail. For example:

  • Mail for people not included in the application.
  • Parcelforce Worldwide products.
  • Mail addressed to boarding houses, hotels, colleges or other multi-occupied premises.
  • Mail for people who didn't live at the previous address. Redirecting without proper authority is a criminal offence.
  • Personal mail from a business address to a private address.
  • Mail from one PO Box to another in the same delivery office.
  • Mail from an overseas address to a UK address
  • Mail from a BFPO (British Forces Postal Office) address
  • Special Delivery and Recorded items to a redirection address abroad. We'll return these items to the sender
  • Social security and benefit mail. These items are returned to the sender as part of the Social Security Administration (Fraud) Act 1997