What is the difference between Royal Mail’s Signed For and Special Delivery Guaranteed?
Special Delivery Guaranteed is Royal Mail’s urgent and insured product, with guaranteed delivery by either 9am or 1pm the next day.
It includes an online tracking system and electronic proof of delivery and compensation up to £500 or the value of the item, whichever is the lower. If you need something delivered by the next day (with a few geographical exceptions) this is the service to use.
The ‘Signed For’ service provides proof of posting, signature on delivery to the address (not necessarily the addressee) and online confirmation of delivery of your item. It includes a maximum of £50 in compensation. If you want the peace of mind of knowing that your item has been delivered to the address but not the addressee, this is the service to use, but please note that this service does not include a guaranteed delivery time and should not be used for valuable items.
- What do I do if Royal Mail refuses to deliver to my address?
- How do I reduce the amount of ‘junk’ mail I get through my door?
- How do I complain about my postal service?
- I am not happy with the time that my mail is delivered, what can I do about it?
- What can I do about my mail if I will be away from home for a while?