Services and Billing
What is Ofcom doing to ensure accredited companies remain accurate?
Companies accredited under the Ofcom Price Accreditation Scheme must undergo an annual audit conducted by Ofcom.
The companies must also notify Ofcom of any material changes to their price calculator or how they provide information on prices.
Ofcom may also at any time conduct spot checks on the information being provided by accredited websites.
If we find that any accredited company no longer meets the terms of the accreditation agreement Ofcom can withdraw accreditation.
- Does this mean that only companies accredited by Ofcom are able to provide accurate price information?
- What does accreditation mean to consumers?
- I have a disability, which means I can’t access information easily from websites – how can I get information about how to switch provider?
- Which companies have been accredited?
- What is Price Comparison Accreditation?