Services and Billing
What should small businesses consider when taking out a new contract?
If you're thinking of signing up to a new contract, there are a few things you might want to consider first.
- Will the amount you pay each month stay the same over the course of the contract?
- Have you checked what the minimum contract period you have been offered is, and what notice period you are required to give to your provider?
- If the terms you agreed to at the outset of the contract change or increase unexpectedly, what are your rights?
This Ofcom guide can help you answer these questions.
- I’m moving house and my provider wants to extend my contract for another 12 months – are they allowed to do this?
- As a business customer, what can I do if there is a fault on my line?
- My provider has tied me into another 12-month contract without informing me – are they allowed to do this?
- What is an automatically renewable (rollover) contract?
- Who is entitled to use the ADR scheme?