Services and Billing

At what stage can I take my complaint to the ADR scheme?

A residential or small business consumer can take a complaint to ADR eight weeks after the complaint has first been made to the communications provider.

A consumer can take the complaint to an ADR scheme earlier if the communications provider considers that the complaint has reached stalemate (they may issue a “deadlock letter”) because it considers that the complaint cannot be resolved without going to ADR.

Once your provider has told you that you have reached stalemate or deadlock, then you have 12 months in which to take your complaint to ADR. However, no such time limit applies, if you have not received this communication from your provider.