Services and Billing
I’ve been in hospital and unable to pay my bills, should I still have to pay late payment charges?
In many cases like this it is likely that late payment charges will still be payable, though they should be set at a fair level following our guidance.
But, your suppliers’ terms and conditions may set out exceptional circumstances where those charges are not payable.
Or, it may agree to waive any charges if there are good reasons for late payment. Again, it is always worth discussing this with your supplier.
- I don’t have access to the internet so I can’t view my itemised bill online. Why should I have to pay to receive a paper one?
- I’ve had to cancel my service whilst in contract for reasons out of my control, should I have to pay a charge for this?
- What about people who don’t have a bank account so can’t pay by Direct Debit?
- What’s the maximum amount a late payment charge should be?
- How are consumers informed about them?