Services and Billing
What’s the maximum amount a late payment charge should be?
Ofcom is not setting the level of charges. However, the Regulations require that these charges are set fairly and in our view they should only reflect direct costs.
This is likely to mean that late payment charges should only seek to recover costs like the limited administrative costs of chasing and collecting late payments (and any lost interest on unpaid amounts).
- What about people who don’t have a bank account so can’t pay by Direct Debit?
- I’ve been in hospital and unable to pay my bills, should I still have to pay late payment charges?
- I’ve had to cancel my service whilst in contract for reasons out of my control, should I have to pay a charge for this?
- Should my communications provider have a formal complaints process?
- I don’t have access to the internet so I can’t view my itemised bill online. Why should I have to pay to receive a paper one?