Services and Billing
What is an automatically renewable (rollover) contract?
Automatically Renewable Contracts (ARCs) – or ‘rollover contracts' – automatically roll forward into a new minimum contract period – with penalties for leaving – unless you actively opt out of the renewal.
Ofcom confirmed in September 2011 that rollover contracts would be banned from December 2011.
The ban applies to ARCs for fixed voice and fixed broadband services sold to residential and small business customers.
- What is Ofcom doing about rollover contracts?
- My provider has tied me into another 12-month contract without informing me – are they allowed to do this?
- Can a telecoms provider change the terms of my contract?
- What should small businesses consider when taking out a new contract?
- I’m moving house and my provider wants to extend my contract for another 12 months – are they allowed to do this?