I have a mobile phone complaint. What can I do?

If you have a complaint about your service, whether about billing, customer service, faults and repairs or mis-selling, you should first contact your phone company.

Full details of the process are available in the company’s code of practice on complaints handling. Ask your provider for a copy if you do not have one.

If your problem is not resolved you can submit your complaint to an independent Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme (ADR).

Ask your provider for a ‘deadlock’ letter so that you can refer your dispute to the relevant scheme.

Or, if more than eight weeks have passed since you first made your complaint you can contact the ADR directly.

At the moment Ofcom has approved two ADR schemes – CISAS and  Ombudsman Services: Communications.

Your phone company will tell you which scheme it is a member of, or you can use our ADR checker.

Watch our video guide to telecoms complaints

Ofcom does not investigate individual consumer complaints. The information you give us is used to identify trends and can lead to us investigating a particular company's behaviour.

Click here for more detailed information on how to complain about a phone problem