If I don't receive the cashback money agreed, I cannot afford the contract. Do I have the right to cancel without charge? Do I have to pay the monthly bill?
If you have a network contract with a mobile service provider you will still be bound by that. Depending on the circumstances, the mobile service provider may offer some refunds or let you exit or change the terms of their mobile network contract.
- Will the new rules for mobile providers mean that consumers will always get their cashback?
- How will the new rules for mobile providers stop cashback operators going bust in the future?
- If I do not receive my cashback, where can I get my money from?
- Why hasn't Ofcom banned cashback on mobile services?
- What is the difference between monthly tariff and pay as you go?