What should I do if I have reception problems on my digital terrestrial TV or Radio?

Static on TVDigital terrestrial TV receivers (Freeview) need a good aerial to guarantee the best picture quality.

If you’re using an indoor aerial, trying moving it to a new location in the room to get a better signal.

Loft aerials can be better than set-top aerials; however your best option is always to get a qualified installer to fit a rooftop aerial.

If you already have a rooftop aerial but are still having problems, you might want to consider getting advice from a qualified aerial installer.

The Confederation of Aerial Industries (CAI) keeps a list of accredited installers.

The BBC is responsible for investigating complaints of interference to domestic radio and television reception. The BBC’s diagnostic webform will provide you with more information and enable you to ask the BBC to investigate the problem.

If, following the investigation by the BBC, there is evidence of interference caused by something outside your control and which is unlawful, the BBC may refer your case back to Ofcom for possible enforcement action